Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Things kids say....

Some humor to lighten up the day...

When my daughter was little we were in the car going somewhere. And she started a conversation regarding what it meant to be a hero. This was around the time of 9/11. I tried to explain that heroes were ordinary people that did extra-ordinary things when the time called for it. To which she responded, "I would like to be a hero, but there is no way I am wearing my underpants outside my pants".

My good friends Jorge and Sara have two beautiful kids. Melina is the handful... Here is a FB quote from them that had me rolling: Me trying to encourage Melina: I say "Melina, you can be anything you want to be." With a big grin, she responds, "I can't be a purple unicorn that poops pretty butterflies." [bends over and grunts a little].

I was traveling home on the airplane and was listening to my iPod. The little kid next to me asked me what I was listening to. I said Led Zeppelin... Little kid, my Dad cries when the dog dies in that story...

Standing in crowded line with my daughter at the grocery store when she was 7 or 8. "Dad, can't believe you just did that. That really smells..." And no, I didn't do anything... Honest.

Laugh every day, for life is meant to be enjoyed!




No comments: