Friday, December 11, 2009

Yummy Crab Appetizers

A former coworker brought these to the office one time and they were so yummy that everyone was asking her for the recipe. They're easy to make as well, and you can make them up in advance and freeze them...just bake them the day you need them.

One thing they are not is low-cal!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (5-oz) jar Old English cheese spread
1 1/2 tsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1 (7-oz) can crab meat
6 English muffins, split

Combine the butter, mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings. Once these are combined, stir in the crab meat.
Half the English muffins.
Spread mixture on muffin halves.


At this point you can place the muffins on a tray and freeze, repacking them in freezer bags once the mixture is solid.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
To serve, cut the muffins into 4 to 6 pieces and arrange on your serving tray.

I'd like to add a photo of the finished product but I forgot to take one! But they look mostly like the above photo, except a little browner.
Also, little note: I discovered that I was out of garlic powder so I just used garlic salt and skipped the seasoned salt. They still tasted yummy.

2 comments:

Amber said...

These look delish!!! I can't wait to try them out. I'm adding this to my recipes to try folder.

Jules said...

I'm not a fan of crab, but these look tasty!