Monday, January 3, 2011

2011!

Happy New Year!  Happy 2011!

I was originally going to blog about why is it when mom is out and dad is home that people ask "Dad is babysitting?!" babysitting?! no he's parenting! Its almost never the other way around.  I don't hear people ask "Mom's babysitting?"

Or why does a dad get more sympathy when he's a stay at home parent? It must be so stressful, blah. blah. blah. No matter who stays home with the kids it's stressful. Parenting in general is stressful along with tremendous joy! 

Instead it's 2011 a new year, a new decade.  A clean slate.  A full promising year ahead. A time for resolutions.  A time to put the past behind us.

I'm not a "resolution" type of girl. Not sure why.  General goals yes. Goals that ebb and flow thru the year or years.  Goals that I've thought, planned but rarely at New Years time.  My main goal since stating my own business and working from home is to get better at balancing family and work.  When I think I'm mastering it something changes.  I'm always looking for better ways to be more and stay organized with 4 growing kids.

Do you have new years resolutions? If so, I'd love to hear them.

No comments: