Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh goodness, time

How you fly past me. I have to apologize dear MWP readers, I have dropped the proverbial ball this week. I have been in one of those existential places in which the actual place in reality is skewed. Confused? Let me explain.

This is the time of year in Education where we are closing up the current year and starting to plan for the next year. This is the time of year where colleagues receive pink slips, students start to shut down, department chairs start looking for requests for next year's curriculum, and it is the time of year that drives me bonkers. On top of teaching High School English, my 1st grader is involved in field trips on which he would like my attendance, my daycare mom (bless her) is on medical leave for her son's surgery, and it is busy for Randy, my meteorological husband.

Spring has sprung...and I am in too many places in my brain and am missing places in my reality.

So I'm sorry, and I hope you will be able to forgive.

Do you have times that are like this for you? The annual school transition is one in which I cannot seem to just breathe through. I can breathe through the holiday madness. I can breathe through the beginning and end of school, but this transition is....muddy.

Like Spring.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Julie, I was worried about you. Thanks for posting. I'm glad you're still here. I know this is a busy time for you.