Monday, May 10, 2010

in the blink of an eye

it seems like just yesterday i had 2 babies, okay so it was just yesterday and today i still have 2 babies, but i also have 2 big kids. okay now that we've cleared that up, i'm talking about my 2 big kids.

it seems like just yesterday they were two babies in my womb waiting to be born. i blinked and now they are 5.
yesterday i was holding them swaddled tightly in my arm so thankful i was finally a mom. i blinked and now i'm holding them tightly on my lap with their legs hanging downs and so thankful i'm their mom.
yesterday, i was watching them sleep safely in their crib, then i blinked and now they sleep in their single beds without guard rails.

yesterday i was pureeing their baby food, i blinked and now they are helping me make dinner. yesterday, i was singing them songs and telling them stories, i blinked and now they sing me songs and tell me stories.

yesterday i was watching them learn to sit and crawl then i blinked and now i'm watching them ride their bikes, run, jump, dance, bowl, write, draw.
while i wouldn't trade these last 5 years for anything, i wish i could slow down time because i'm afraid to blink and find they are 18 and off to college.

2 comments: