Friday, May 7, 2010

Freelance...

Fridays are for food - recipes and sharing of delectable and often diabolical foods. Being the only guy, surrounded by these talented and chef-like co-writers has stretched my ability to keep up. In fact, I am pretty sure I have posted the recipes of all 3-5 things I can cook without screwing them up, calling 911 or setting off the sprinklers. So... I am choosing to not post a recipe this week.

Instead, I will close out the week with some food thoughts...

  • There is nothing closer to sin than dark chocolate and red wine. Don't believe me - try 70% dark chocolate with a glass of red zin... (yeah, you will thank me...)
  • Want to calm the soul and make everyone in the house take a deep breath... bake a loaf of bread or throw a roast in a crock pot. Comfort food at it's best...
  • Somedays, nothing beats a good pub burger and fries.
  • Tuesdays were meant for tacos...
  • An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
  • Blueberry pancakes, ice cold milk, maple syrup.
  • Eat your vegetables...
  • Next time you pick up that can of soda, read the label. What the heck is sodium hexametaphosphate anyway?
  • Always pay at the pump. Nice times out of ten, if you walk into a convenience store to pay for gas, you or your kids will walk out with foods that are bad for you. Seriously, when was the last time you grabbed a banana. It was either a Milky Way, M&M's, or some other form of processed chocolate.
  • Never, ever go grocery shopping when hungry.
  • Did I mention dark chocolate and wine?
Let me know your food thoughts....

3 comments:

Heather said...

I always pay at the pump because I'm too lazy to get all the kids out of the car to pay!

Stelie Designs said...

Heather, me too! It takes too long to get 4 in and out of the car.

Stelie Designs said...

My kids don't get candy, juice or pop. They were 4 when they got their 1st dum dum sucker.

My kids were the only ones not scrambling for all the candy at a parade.