Friday, February 26, 2010

Oh-So-Cheesy Mostaccioli

I wouldn't lie to you. This mostaccioli is a tasty, easy, dish that I have served to everyone I know. AND NO ONE HAS EVER NOT LIKED IT.

Prepare to be famous.

You need:
1lb ground beef (my mom makes it with mild sausage, pick your poison)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I use Prego Heart Smart Mushroom)
2 cloves garlic
1 box mostaccioli noodles (penne will do)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
2 cups shredded mexican cheese
basil and oregano to taste

Preheat oven to 350.

1. Brown meat, tossing in the garlic (minced), basil, and oregano. While that's getting it's party on, boil your noodles about 80% done (fairly al dente).

2. In a large, oven safe bowl (I use this one, which has since been discontinued), mix the browned, drained beef, the cooked noodles, the cheese soup, and 1 1/2 cup cheese. Cover with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

3. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes. You could also toss it in the crock pot. Or freeze it before baking. Or give it to a neighbor who just had a new baby or chemo. It's versatile like that.

Yummmmmm!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness. This sounds really yummy and perfect to bring to new parents.

I'm saving this one!