Thursday, February 4, 2010

Free Books For Kids

I remember hearing about the Dolly Parton Imagination Library when my son was born. He was a few months old by the time the word got out about the library and I remember signing up both of my kids for the library and waiting several months before the first books arrived.

Honestly I didn’t think that the library was real. Free books? Really?

But it is real. Your child can receive one free book per month from birth (if you sign your child up that early) through age 5.

My kids received a few of the same books over the years (K would get the same one M had gotten the previous year or something) but for the most part they’ve received different books. One of these days I’m going to go through all of our books and weed out duplicates to donate to our church or to the local literacy programs.

This program is an easy way to build up your child’s library and since they are free you can still give them to your toddler and you don’t feel quite as sick when she destroys it as you would if you’d shelled out $20 for it. (Not that I know any toddlers who do that sort of thing ::whistles and looks around innocently::)

The sign up is easy and quick, and can now even be accomplished right online, well worth the time.

1 comment:

Jules said...

we are on this, and it is great! Owen feels so special to get a book in the mail :)