Every Holiday when my clan gets together, someone has to bring the Cheesy Potatoes... another tradition that has been in my family for a while. Word of warning, these are probably not low-fat. And trust me, I have reduced the original recipe list as much as possible where they still taste good.
- 1 Can cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz sour cream (regular or low fat)
- 1 bag - southern style hash browns
- 2 cups - corn flakes (gestimate)
- 1 stick melted butter (Yes real butter... no fake stuff allowed)
- 10-12 oz shredded cheddar cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Mix soup, sour cream, hash browns, butter and cheese together in a large bowl. It is easier to mix if the hash browns have thawed for an hour or so. Once mixed, put into a 9x11 baking dish. Spread the contents to cover the pan evenly. Dump corn flakes in plastic bag and break them up into small pieces - spread on top of the potatoes. Bake for aprox 50 minutes. Serve hot!