This soup is hearty, yet the addition of soy sauce adds just enough kick to keep this soup from being mundane and boring.
Buckwheat Noodle Vegetable Soup
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound beef flank steak, very thinly sliced against the grain.
- 4 cups chopped bok choy
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces wide buckwheat noodles
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over high heat.
- Add beef and cook, stirring often, until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate using tongs, leaving the juices in the pot.
- Add bok choy to the pot and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, cover and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and soy sauce; simmer until the noodles are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pot and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with bean sprouts and parsley.
Serve hot, and enjoy.