Friday, October 16, 2009

Greek Salad: or How to Savor the Last Bounty from the Garden

I love this salad. It's full of veggies and I get to use cucumbers and tomatoes from my garden in late summer and early fall. I made this a couple of weeks ago while I was visiting my in-laws. Just looking at the pictures I get hungry for it again (even though my pictures are not that great). Another plus? It's really easy to make.

Ingredients: 2-3 cucumbers, several tomatoes, 1 can of quartered artichoke hearts, 1 can of small pitted black olives, 1 package of fat free feta cheese, 1 tablespoon olive oil
Peel and chop the cucumbers into bite size pieces. If your cucumbers are large and have seeds in them, remove the seeds before chopping. Chop tomatoes into bite size pieces. Add the artichoke hearts and olives.

Toss ingredients together in a large bowl. Add feta and toss again.

Just before serving, drizzle with olive oil and toss again.


Enjoy!


2 comments:

Heather T said...

OoooooOOOOO!!!! This looks great! Perfect for using the end of summer veggies, like you say!

Jules said...

yum, yum, yum!