Monday, November 24, 2008

Do I look tired to you?

I really would never post a picture of myself after being up all night; so, you'll just have to imagine that I do look tired. You see, I was up all night with a cough. Of course, not my cough; the kid's cough. As a Mom, there is nothing more excruciating as listening to your child suffer with that dry, raspy, sometimes wet cough all night long.

Their little lungs are so tired, they're putting forth so much effort, and even though I've given them every safe remedy possible, the cough persists. Amazing, really, how they can sleep through the cough, but they do. Yet, I don't.

The musings of one tired Mom in the Midwest.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ya know what crazy remedy worked for me as kid and also my kiddos? A warm washcloth wrung out, and folded over their neck. I don't know why this works, but it does.

Heather said...

We finally tried Vicks Vapo Rub last time Miss M had that cough. Seemed to work pretty well.

I miss those patches that they used to make that you could stick on their chest. Those worked great too.