Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Fun

What? You are not used to seeing a post here on Friday?

Well.....SURPRISE!

Here I am with a couple of fun ideas for you on this rainy Friday. Maybe one of these recipes can add some FUN into an otherwise gloomy day. Also, my kids are about to be on Spring Break next week, so I am trying to get myself geared up for a week of things to keep them busy & these two are the TOP of their list(s) right now.



Easy Homemade Playdough

3 cups flour
1 cup water
1 1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup oil
food coloring - optional (be careful with this step - you may want to mix this in to keep it off of the kids! Once mixed in, I have never had the kids get any on them)
*add more flour if too sticky


Fun Flubber

In 2 separate ziplock baggies mix:

bag 1: 3/4 cup warm water
1 cup school glue (this is about 1 small bottle)
food coloring
bag 2: 2 tsp borax (found with detergent)
1/2 cup warm water

mix each bag well, then pour the contents of bag 1 into bag 2, working it together while still in the bag until it forms a solid blob. This is a fun experiment for the older kids - they love to see how this all comes together, and then have fun playing with it too!


Both of these can be kept for quite a few days in a ziplock bag or container. The last batch of flubber we made kept getting "wet" in the bag, so I pitched it sooner - but the first batch lasted so long, I finally threw it away - just because :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I missed this post being away on Friday! The flubber stuff sounds like something my kids would love to make!