Saturday, January 5, 2008

Midwest parents collaborator and writing guidelines

All guidelines are subject to changes and additions without notice. We’re (meaning I am) winging it for now.

  1. Contributors must live in the Midwest and have children.
  2. Posts must be about some aspect of parenting. (Bonus if it also relates to the Midwest specifically.) Please no posts only about something cute your kids did.
  3. No swearing or other inappropriate language. If you wouldn’t say it to your friends’ kids when your friend is standing there, don’t say it to us.
  4. If your post is fiction it needs to be clearly stated. I believe creativity has a natural place in parenting and so creative writing also fits into this blog. But if you didn’t really take your kid bungee jumping I want to know it.

Want to join us (or, currently, me)?

If you are a blogger, send me the link to your blog.
Current non-bloggers are welcome and encouraged to contribute.
Send a sample of your writing (like you would contribute here) to me at midwestparents {at} gmail {dot} com. Please put “writing submission” and your name in the subject line.
Writing commitments will depend on how many contributors I get!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoops - I just commented at Cool Zebras and it looks like I should have come here first.

I'm near Cincinnati. Does that count as the Midwest? If it does, I'm interested! I blog at Fizzledink.

Thanks!

Tanya said...

I would be intested in doing this - I live in North Dakota. That's about as midwest as it gets :)

Two Shews said...

I'm definitely in the Midwest, and not always the absent-minded spaz that I was when we swapped blogs. (It's the drugs, I tell ya.) Totally interested.

I do tend to curse a tish on my own blog, but would, of course, not do so on this one. No, really.

Anonymous said...

can I kill two birds with one stone. a) delurking - found you from Mrs. Chicken b)Not sure if I would technically qualify as an experienced blogger but totally interested.

Unknown said...

Anyone who is interested in contributing and can fit the profile listed above, please email me at the midwestparents at gmail dot com address. If I don't have an email address for you I can't respond to your interest!!

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I found you via Slouching Mom. I would love to join you. I'm in Ohio. and a lake house in Michigan. ... I have four kids... let me restate that.... four BOYS.

Jenny said...

I would love to join you! I live in the suburbs of Kansas City (Kansas) and have two boys - 5 and 7. I usually call them chaos and mayhem. :) I'm at cadykansas at gmail dot com.

Meredith said...

I know you've checked out my blog before (meredithanderic.blogspot.com, but I'm interested in contributing.

There are definitely a lot of things that I'd love to blog about on my own blog, but just don't feel like I'm able to without hurting people's feelings. It would be nice to have an outlet elsewhere.

I'm located in Lee's Summit, MO (a suburb of KC). I've lived in the midwest/Missouri all of my life (grew up in St.Louis, went to college in Columbia, and ended up in KC). I've got 3 little boys, 3years and younger, and not to mention my hubby; that's why I call my blog My 4 Boys!

Oh, and Dawn used to babysit me. :)

Lela said...

You guys rock. How would you feel about adding a transplant voice to your blog? I'm from the west coast, living in Arkansas for the past five years via Texas.

Check out my blog and let me know if I'm your kind! Thanks!

http://afterthebubbly.blogspot.com/