Tuesday, May 13, 2008

summer crafts

Summer is almost here & that means the kids are home from school. Do you know what you are going to do with your kids this summer? What about on the rainy days when you are stuck inside?

I have found a few cute ideas and thought I would share them with you all. Most of these are geared toward younger children, but I have an 8 year old and know that I can adjust these in ways that he can enjoy them too.

First up is summer vacation stationary, which I think is a very cute idea! Because we are not much for writing to family (e-mail makes me lazy) I was thinking about having the kids make these for a keepsake. You could spend a rainy day stamping them all. Then, maybe after a vacation, trip to the zoo, or a fun day have them write (or tell you) what was the best part about it.

I saw this one & knew instantly that my boys would love it. These balls are fun to squish, and look how easy (and inexpensive)they are to make!!

My kids also LOVE to have fun in the kitchen, in fact a lot of the things we make come from my oldest reading the cereal boxes, or other packages. This ice cream in a bag idea is not one we've tried at home, but one that Ellie's girl scout troop made, and it was very GOOD!

And one more for the girls...I say this only because my boys would most likely not want to make "girly" flowers, but I always think the watercolors on the coffee filters is pretty cool myself :)

So, there are just of a few of the fun things I have bookmarked and saved for a rainy day this summer. Crafting is such a great way to bring the whole family together, and kids of all ages can bring their own ideas and adapt the directions as necessary. The options are really endless. Once you find a website you like (I have always loved family fun) you can search the site for what you & your family would enjoy, and get busy!

Hope you all have a fun (& crafty) summer break :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, thanks for the links and the ideas. Those balls look like fun. I bet my kids would love those.

I'm intrigued by the ice cream in a bag, but the link didn't work for me.

Angi said...

oops! Thanks Hether, I fixed it :)